top of page

Family of Destau Bisset, Hy”d, demands murder investigation

Updated: Feb 4, 2022

Twitter announcement of rally in memory of Destau

Please click here for a list of posts relating to the mid-May Arab rioting throughout Israel. Thursday, June 24, 2021, 16:09 Honenu sent a letter to Prime Minister Naftali Bennett demanding that an investigation of the murder of Destau Bisset, Hy”d, be launched. The letter notes that the police have been slow in investigating the murder, and currently the family is asking that everything be done to bring the terrorists to justice. The letter describes Bisset, a 74-year-old Ramleh resident as a dignified, religious Jew and the son of a dedicated, traditional family from Ethiopia. In 1984 he began his strenuous journey to Israel, during which his parents and three of his siblings died. He completed his journey and immigrated to Israel with Operation Shlomo in 1991. The content of the letter is as follows: The attack occurred approximately three weeks ago, when Bisset was waiting with two guests at a bus stop close to his home. Suddenly two Arabs in their 20s riding massive electric bicycles lurched onto the scene and intentionally hit the deceased. Bisset was thrown several meters into the air and landed on his head. The terrorists turned around and attempted to run over his guests. Afterwards, the terrorists fled and returned to the neighborhood from which they had come. Passers-by called the security forces, reported a terror attack, and Bisset was evacuated to the hospital suffering from a serious head injury. The following morning, members of his family went to the police station with the guests who had been eyewitnesses to the attack to file a complaint and to testify. The policemen at the station had no idea why they had come, and testimony was not taken from them until the afternoon. Unfortunately, it turned out that despite the severity of the incident and the report of an attack, the local police had washed their hands of it and had not investigated the attack at all. The foot-dragging with regard to a properly thorough investigation continued for days afterwards. Approximately three weeks later, Bisset succumbed to his injuries. During this time his family repeatedly contacted the police and were told that a special investigative team had been formed, but there were not yet any leads. Honenu Attorney Chayim Bleicher, who is assisting the family, asked the Prime Minister “to order the GSS to launch an investigation and to devote all the resources necessary to apprehend the terrorists and to return a minimal sense of security to loyal Israeli citizens. The family has no recourse, and the police have no answers.”

15 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page